Commonly asked questions about InterviewDestiny.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is InterviewDestiny?
InterviewDestiny is an on demand interactive interview preparation platform that helps job seekers build their interview skills and confidence to ace their interview and get the job offer.
Who should use InterviewDestiny?
InterviewDestiny is a great resource for any job seeker, at any stage of their career, in any industry, that wants to:
- Learn how-to impress the interviewer,
- Focus on the delivery of their interview answers rather than what they will say via the use of interview answer generators,
- Learn what types of interview questions may be asked,
- Learn the importance of asking the interviewer smart questions,
- Practice interview skills in interview simulations, and
- Have the option of following a personalized interview preparation learning plan or pick and choose features to use based on personal needs.
Does InterviewDestiny teach job offer salary negotiation?
Do you give back?
Yes, InterviewDestiny gives back.
In addition to providing every job seeker with compassionate pricing, InterviewDestiny partners with community groups and nonprofits to provide scholarships that grant the free use of our interview preparation solutions.
Scholarships are provided through partners to persons:
- Who were formerly incarcerated or in the prison system and preparing for re-entry,
- Who are housing insecure,
- Who have a disability, and/or
- Who identify as an under-resourced Latinx or Indigenous American.
How do I use InterviewDestiny to get ready for my interview?
InterviewDestiny makes it easy to get ready for an interview. Simply:
- Sign up by purchasing 30 Day or 90 Day access
- Use your personalized learning path to guide your interview preparation (based on how much time you have to get ready for your interview)
- Practice your interview skills using our interactive mock interviews
Features you’ll love to help you ace your interview:
- Use our universal interview answer generator to create answers to interview questions that impress the interviewer by addressing what they are looking for
- Use our 450+ interactive interview questions to reduce interview anxiety by learning the questions frequently asked in interviews and running mock interviews with the questions
- Use our interactive bank of questions to ask the interviewer to select what questions you want to ask at the end of an interview to help you stand out and assess if the company and role is right for you
- Once you’ve developed interview answers, learned interview questions and practiced how you will respond to the questions, and practiced what you will ask the interviewer put all the interview skills you’ve developed to the test by completing our on demand 45 minute mock interviews
- After your interview help yourself shine by using InterviewDestiny’s software to send a “handwritten” thank you note to the interviewer
InterviewDestiny is intentionally designed to help any person, in any industry, at any stage of their career ace their interview by addressing the mindset of the interviewer.
Whether you’re someone who is just starting their job search and wants to proactively build interview skills or you’re someone that has an interview scheduled in 24 hours InterviewDestiny can help you build the skills and confidence you need to ace your interview.
What types of interview questions can I access on InterviewDestiny?
- Adaptability Interview Questions
- Availability Interview Questions
- Brain Teaser Interview Questions
- Career Change Interview Questions
- Common Interview Questions
- Communication Interview Questions
- Company Knowledge Interview Questions
- Creativity Interview Answers
- Decision-making Interview Questions
- Education Interview Questions
- Employed and Job Searching Interview Questions
- Employment Gap Interview Questions
- First 90 Days
- Illegal Interview Questions
- Integrity Interview Questions
- Job Description Knowledge Interview Questions
- Leadership Interview Questions
- Learning Interview Questions
- On the Spot Skill Assessment Interview Questions
- Persistence Interview Questions
- Personal Drive Interview Questions
- Personality Type Interview Questions
- Qualification Interview Questions
- Situational Interview Questions
- STAR Interview Questions/ Behavioral Interview Questions
- Teamwork Interview Questions
- Tell Me About Yourself Interview Questions
- Work History Interview Questions
- Work Style Interview Questions
- Questions to Ask in an Interview
How do I use InterviewDestiny to learn questions to ask in an interview?
A successful interview concludes with the interviewee asking the interviewer questions. InterviewDestiny helps you set yourself apart by providing a library of over 100 questions that span 13 categories you can ask the interviewer at the end of an interview:
- The One Question to Ask in an Interview
- Company Culture Questions
- Company Questions
- Day-to-day Operations Questions
- More Information About the Job’s Responsibilities Questions
- Next Step Questions
- Performance and Expectation Questions
- Pre-hire Questions
- Questions About the Interviewer
- Salary and Benefits Questions
- Skills and Experience Needed to Be Successful Questions
- Team and Future Coworkers Questions
- Training and Professional Development Questions
Use InterviewDestiny to: 1.) select questions that are important to you (based on preferences, experience, stage of life, etc.), and 2.) to practice confidently asking questions to ask in an interview.
Plans, Pricing, & Payments
What are your pricing plans?
Interview Destiny has two compassionately priced plans:
- $48.88 for 30 days
- $88.88 for 90 days
When you purchase access you are billed once. The amount of days you purchase access to is referred to as your subscription. This subscription automatically cancels unless you renew by completing a new transaction or renewal transaction.
To learn more about our plans visit: InterviewDestiny Pricing.
Can I purchase access as a gift for someone else?
Yes, you can purchase 30 Day or 90 Day access to InterviewDestiny as a gift for another person.
To purchase a gift for someone else when checking out on the checkout page select the ‘Is this a gift?’ box. When the box is checked you will have the ability to gift access to one person.
Can I make a purchase on PayPal if I don’t have a PayPal account?
Yes, you can purchase 30 Day or 90 Day access to InterviewDestiny using PayPal. You do not need to have a PayPal account to make a purchase with PayPal. When given the option simply click the gray checkout button on PayPal that typically says ‘Pay with Debit or Credit Card’.
What is compassionate pricing?
Compassionate pricing is the process of intentionally setting a commercial retail price below market rates so that the product is available to any socioeconomic group.
InterviewDestiny believes every person with the desire, passion, work ethic, and persistence to achieve their goals should have the same access to tools to do so.
InterviewDestiny is opposed to the creation of manufactured financial barriers. An example of a manufactured financial barrier is charging unemployed job seekers hundreds (to thousands) of dollars for interview preparation. Excessive prices create an unlevel playing field where one must be financially privileged to access meaningful interview preparation to get a job.
We put people before profit and work to level the “interview playing field” by intentionally setting compassionate pricing.
Do you offer refunds?
InterviewDestiny does not offer refunds. Refunds are not provided for the following four reasons:
1.) We provide instant value
The interview questions included on InterviewDestiny have been personally used by our team to hire job applicants. Once you have access to our Interview Questions page you instantly receive value by viewing over 450 personally developed, researched, and/or aggregated job interview questions.
Requesting a refund would be like ordering a sandwich, drink, and chips, eating the sandwich and then trying to return the drink and chips for a refund because you “didn’t like” the sandwich.
2.) We offer free meaningful interview preparation tools
We provide a significant amount of interview preparation, interview coaching guides, and digital interview preparation tools for free. We could charge for all our interview preparation tools however as a values-driven social enterprise we choose not charge for all our interview preparation solutions to ensure every job seeker has some access to meaningful interview preparation help (that is not paid).
3.) We are compassionately priced and put people before profit
We put people before profit and are intentionally compassionately priced. Compassionate pricing is the process of purposely setting a product’s price below market rates. We choose to be below the market rate because we are opposed to the creation of financial barriers that block people from accessing tools that level the playing field and help them level up. Every person with the desire, passion, work ethic, and persistence to achieve their goals should have the same access to tools to do so.
4.) We giveback
We reinvest two percent of profit to provide free subscriptions to job seekers that have barriers to employment. Populations we provide subscription scholarships to include: persons who were formerly incarcerated, persons who are currently incarcerated and preparing for re-entry, persons that are developmentally delayed or have a disability, personas that are housing insecure and/ or persons that identify as an under resourced Latina/Latino/Latinx or Indigenous American.
If you do not agree to InterviewDestiny’s Terms of Service or to InterviewDestiny’s no refund policy (which is further outlined in our Terms of Service) please do not purchase access. No refund will be provided and all disputes will be handled in accordance with the Terms of Service.
What browser should I use to access InterviewDestiny?
InterviewDestiny can be used on any Web browser. We recommend the use of Chrome for the best experience.
How do I get my microphone to work?
When you open the Interview Answer Practice Recorder your browser will open a dialogue box or pop-up window that will ask you to give Interview Destiny permission to access your microphone click ‘Allow’.
If you do not see a dialogue box check your URL bar for a message that says “Pop-up blocked.” Click the message and give Interview Destiny permission to access your microphone.
When does InterviewDestiny start and stop recording on my microphone?
You are in control of when InterviewDestiny starts and stops recording on your microphone. You have to click ‘Start’ in order for InterviewDestiny to start recording and you have to click ‘Stop’ in order for InterviewDestiny to stop recording.
How do I get my camera to work?
When you open the Video Mock Interview page your browser will open a dialogue box or pop-up window that will ask you to give permission InterviewDestiny access your camera click ‘Allow’.
If you do not see a dialogue box check your URL bar for a message that says “Pop-up blocked.” Click the message and give Interview Destiny permission to access your microphone and camera.
When does InterviewDestiny start and stop recording on my camera?
You are in control of when InterviewDestiny starts and stops recording on your camera. You have to click ‘Start’ in order for InterviewDestiny to start recording and you have to click ‘Stop’ in order for InterviewDestiny to stop recording.
If I am in control of camera recording why does the browser show a red camera light when I open the video mock interview?
The red camera light will turn on when you open a video mock interview page but it will not record unless you click ‘Start’ to begin recording.
We set-up our video mock interviews to simulate a real video interview or in-person interview.
As soon as you are onsite for an interview or access a Zoom, Skype, Google Meet, or other video chat you must assume that the interviewer can see everything.
We want interviewees to get in the habit of acknowledging an interviewer may be able to see them (and their environment) and put forth a positive professional perception the second the red light flashes.
When the red light is visible we recommend pretending the interviewer can see you and to show them your most professional and interview ready self.
How do I stop the echo sound in my video mock interview?
If you are getting feedback in your video mock interview it’s because the sound in the top video player/ recorder is not on mute.
Please mute the sound in the top video player/ recorder. The microphone records your voice having the sound muted will not interfer with the recording of your interview answers.
Why can't I download my interview answer?
In order to download your interview answer the top of the Record Interview Answers tab must be visible.
If the top of the Record Interview Answers tab is not visible the Download prompt will be out of frame and you will not be able to download your interview answer.
How can I contact InterviewDestiny?
To contact InterviewDestiny please use the contact form found on our Contact page: https://interviewdestiny.com/contact-us.
How can I partner with InterviewDestiny?
We always welcome inquiries to collaborate. To submit information on your partnership idea please use the contact form found on our Contact page: https://interviewdestiny.com/contact-us.
Can I buy a subscription to InterviewDestiny for my career center?
InterviewDestiny offers group subscriptions. To inquire about a group subscription please email us using the contact form found on our Contact page. https://interviewdestiny.com/contact-us.
Can I buy a subscription to InterviewDestiny for my nonprofit?
InterviewDestiny offers group subscriptions to nonprofit organizations that work to help people from all walks of life gain employment. We also partner with select nonprofits and community groups to offer free scholarships to InterviewDestiny.
To inquire about a group subscription and/ or a free scholarship partnership please email us using the contact form found on our Contact page. https://interviewdestiny.com/contact-us.
I’m a career coach/ recruiter. Can I use InterviewDestiny with my clients?
Career coaches and recruiters can purchase subscriptions for their clients or have their clients purchase subscriptions.
To learn more about purchasing client subscriptions please email us using the contact form found on our Contact page: https://interviewdestiny.com/contact-us.
What is InterviewDestiny’s Terms of Service?
InterviewDestiny’s Terms of Service can be found on our Terms of Service page: https://interviewdestiny.com/terms-of-service.
Still need help? Contact us!